Red Wyvern Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Army lists you'd like to see released

4 posters

Go down

Army lists you'd like to see released Empty Army lists you'd like to see released

Post  IanHannam Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:57 am

So, as part of the development of Seasons of War, I'm planning to release a series of free downloadable army lists to be used in conjunction with the rules. 

Ideas so far include: 
Pre-11th Century: Romano British/Saxons etc.
&
Forces to the East - Byzantines, Saljuks ec.

What else would you like to see?

IanHannam
Elite

Back to top Go down

Army lists you'd like to see released Empty Re: Army lists you'd like to see released

Post  AndyT Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:48 am

Crusaders to accompany the Seljuks etc..?

Samurai, warrior monks...

Cheers, Andy

AndyT
Grunt

Back to top Go down

Army lists you'd like to see released Empty Re: Army lists you'd like to see released

Post  CraigMB Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:31 am

Ha, good call on the crusades. One of the other developers is pestering for some crusade lists, so hopefully it won't be too long!

I like the samurai idea, I'll have to get the whip cracking and get Ian working hard.
CraigMB
CraigMB
Lord Admiral

http://redwyverngames.com

Back to top Go down

Army lists you'd like to see released Empty Seasons of War devlopment

Post  AndyT Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:15 pm

Well actually I think SoW would work well for any "ancients" period and many other periods for that matter.

So let me throw in something a bit more challenging - Seasons of War:Napoleonic ??

I've tried many Napoleonic rule sets, including variations on DBA and Warmaster. Some were OK but didn't get the support they deserved. Others needed more work to get the right 'feel'. Some such as FOG:N are just too complicated for my liking.

I could see a Napoleonic version of your rules working well but you would need player support so plenty of publicity on the usual websites (TMP, TGN etc)

Is that a ruleset too far ?!

AndyT
Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  Ben Greenman Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:44 pm

Hi AndyT, Ben here.

As Ian will tell you, I'm a huge fan of "expanding" and the second we had played our first game of Seasons of War I demanded a Crusades version.

So pushing him for a Black Powder version... Definitely something we'll look at.
Player input is something that we would really like, and when we get an opportunity to do so - we'll push it as far as we can!

Thanks!
Ben.
Ben Greenman
Ben Greenman
Master of the Fleet

Back to top Go down

Post  Ben Greenman Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:48 pm

P.S. I like "a ruleset too far" Very Happy 

Ben.
Ben Greenman
Ben Greenman
Master of the Fleet

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyT Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:18 pm

The more I think about it the more I like the "Black Powder" idea. Trouble is that I only have knowledge of the Napoleonic and Franco-Prussian wars, not any of the other appropriate conflicts such as the Seven Years War.

I reckon most of the basic rules could still apply. Might need to expand on the role of skirmishers, include artillery and maybe think about the effects of different formations.

You could call the Napoleonic rulebook "Days of the Emperor", continuing the "Days of......" theme Smile 

I'm going to have a proper think about this (if I ever get any free time !)

Cheers, Andy

AndyT
Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  IanHannam Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:34 am

I've also been mulling this over myself! The ever present 'how should cannons work?' is there also. In particular, the effect of formations. So the old 'form square to receive cavalry' could perhaps remove cavalry charge bonuses? Artillery is a bit trickier. I guess it's a question of not making it just a larger gun, but including the bounce etc.

Please do let us know what you come up with, I've never really considered a powder game to be honest, but you've really got me thinking on this! I'm sure your knowledge on Napoleonic would be invaluable!

IanHannam
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down