Red Wyvern Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Impressions

2 posters

Go down

First Impressions Empty First Impressions

Post  IanHannam Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:52 pm

So, given that some people have bought a copy of the rules, here is a place to comment with any initial thoughts on the rules!

IanHannam
Elite

Back to top Go down

First Impressions Empty Game purchased and played

Post  vtsaogames Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:37 am

I purchased the game on Wednesday and tried it on my crew on Thursday. Needless to say, the two guys who won like the game. (Normans trounced the Saxons, captured Harold). I've not yet heard from the two who lost.

I do notice some typos. Would you gents like my list of them off-line?

Also, Saxon archers cost way more than similar Norman archers. I assume that's to keep the Saxons from loading up on them. This could be done by imposing a limit instead.

If the points system were explained it might make it easier to create more armies - like Byzantines, Seljuks, etc.

vtsaogames
Grunt

Back to top Go down

First Impressions Empty Re: First Impressions

Post  IanHannam Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:49 am

Hey, glad you enjoyed it (2 of you!) Yes, the idea was to stop massed archer Saxon warbands. As I've said in the book, the points are an optional so if your group felt it was something you wanted to rectify, I'd encourage dropping the points for the sake of enjoyment. 

I am planning on releasing some downloadable lists based on armies from the East so that would include the likes of Byzantines etc. So I'd definitely be open to input from those who have the game. 

As for the typos - very sorry to hear we missed some, even the most thorough checks it seems can gloss over the odd mistake. It'd be great if you could email any you've spotted to redwyverngames@gmail.com and we can get that sorted and have an updated version available for those of you who have already purchased it. Many thanks!

IanHannam
Elite

Back to top Go down

First Impressions Empty Re: First Impressions

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum