Red Wyvern Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Firing Arcs?

2 posters

Go down

Firing Arcs? Empty Firing Arcs?

Post  simmons3051 Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:24 am

Hello,

I just came across this game via a TMP post, and am very much interested.  I've read most of the material on the website(involving the Engage rules) and read through the battle report on the blog.  I just have a question, that I don't think I saw an answer for in any of the reading, but do the ships have firing arcs?  I noticed on the ship cards there are front/rear shields, but I didn't see anything regarding a firing arc or how to determine LOS..etc..?  If I missed this, apologies, please point me in the right direction!!!   Very Happy 

EDIT- "Yes, I'm very much new to the forums btw!!! Very Happy"

Thanks,
Brian

simmons3051
Powder Monkey

Back to top Go down

Firing Arcs? Empty Re: Firing Arcs?

Post  Ben Greenman Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:10 am

Howdy Brian!

Thanks for your interest in the game.

Engage uses a simple system for LoS and fire arcs. Fire arcs are 180* - so you can shoot anything forward of your centre line, and anything hitting you from behind your centre line is against your Rear.

As for objects blocking LoS; it can't happen, but each "object" (ship, asteroid,etc) in the path of your attack makes your target 1pt harder to hit (i.e. -1).

I hope this helps - anything else please drop us a message!

Happy gaming,
Ben
Ben Greenman
Ben Greenman
Master of the Fleet

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum