Red Wyvern Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Morale for impetuous troops

2 posters

Go down

Morale for impetuous troops Empty Morale for impetuous troops

Post  AndyT Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:04 am

Just thinking out loud here, so please bear with me.

If you wanted to represent troops which were perhaps a bit headstrong e.g. Crusader Knights or Viking Berserkers, could you do this by giving them D4 for morale?

This would mean that they have a 25% chance of a rash move (higher than if using a D6 or better) and "only" a 25% chance of performing a "sensible" strategic move such as Reform (which is a lower chance than if using a D6 or better).

Cheers,
Andy

AndyT
Grunt

Back to top Go down

Morale for impetuous troops Empty Re: Morale for impetuous troops

Post  IanHannam Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:37 am

It could certainly work to represent the impetuous nature of troops. It was certainly why I separated morale and discipline. It means you could have a berserk unit that would be more likely to be rash, but also able to stay in combat etc.

IanHannam
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyT Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:01 am

Actually I think I've got my wires crossed. It would need a D4 for discipline (not morale) to get this effect wouldn't it?

So over confident knights might have D4 for discipline, meaning that they are more likely to charge impetuously, but a D8 or 10 for morale as they are extremely confident.

Cheers, Andy

AndyT
Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum